Celebrando Latinas Founder
She is the President/Director of El Latino - San Diego, the number one Hispanic newspaper in San Diego and the largest Spanish-language newspaper Insert your content here owned by Hispanic women in California.
El Latino-San Diego creates an unforgettable event for Latinas, a day to be pampered, informed and motivated at Celebrando Latinas, the country's largest Spanish-language conference for Latinas.
El Latino is a trusted brand that seeks to contribute to the success and well-being of San Diego County Hispanics. Fanny Miller has been recognized numerous times by the community and national organizations for her accomplishments in Hispanic publishing and business. Some of Fanny Miller's recognitions include:
- Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award - NFL/Chargers
- Hispanic Heritage Award in the Business category - by Assemblymember Shirley N. Weber
- Women Who Mean Business - San Diego Business Journal
- Entrepreneur of the Year - San Diego Magazine
- Hispanic Marketing Lifetime Achievement Award - San Diego AD Club
- Outstanding Patriotism and Meritorious Professional Labor - Ministry of Foreign Affairs and General Consulate of Colombia in Los Angeles
- Community Champions Award - Molina Healthcare
- Community Education Advocate Award - CABE
- Community Advocate Award - Wells Fargo
- Top Print Media Professional - Portada Magazine in New York
- The Superior Achievement Award - National Association of Hispanic
Fanny is currently on the board of We Support U. We Support U is a nonprofit organization that helps cancer patients in Southern California. Its mission is to revive, renew and restore the confidence, motivation and self-esteem of every individual facing a cancer diagnosis.
She has three children: Ruben 17, Gabriel 15 and Diego 11, and three daughters: Fatima 5, Esther 6 and Kassandra 8. In 2012, Celebrando was inspired by the mother of the three girls, Maria Alejandra Salgado, who died at age 30 from pancreatic cancer leaving her three angels to Fanny.