Promotoras are recognized at Celebrando Latinas 201121 June, 2011
8:00am – 4:00pm
Registration – Yoga, zumba and continental breakfast
Morning general session
- Fanny Miller – Welcome by Fanny Miller, CEO & Editor in chief of El Latino.
- Tania Luviano – MC, winner of 5 Emmys and host of Terra.com in the Woman channel.
- Miriam Nenninger – Writer, entrepreneur and founder of the program DAS, “Déjame ayudarte a sanar” (Let me help you heal).
- Olga Díaz – The first Latina councilor in the history of the city of Escondido.
Seminars – Session #1
- Autism and its rights
- Parents: Powerful tool in preventing the use of drugs
- 7 Important factors about diabete
- Detection and prevention of cancer
Seminars – Session #2
- 5 Points for a good relationship
- Communicating with youth about sex
- Nutrition: Why am I eating incorrectly?
- Advances in radiation oncology
Lunch and fashion show by Macy’s
- Awards to health and educational promoters of the year
Dessert at Expo Hall
Seminars – Session #3
- Your thoughts are power
- Latinas: The most benefitted by the health reform
- Life savers: The myths and benefits of stem cell therapies
Afternoon general session
- María Marín – The most successful Latina motivational speaker.